Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cacao

A friend recently returned from a trip to the Honduras and brought me great photos of the cacao plant and fruit. We've traveled together in the past and she knows what interests me (she brought me chiltepin peppers from NW Mexico). What she didn't remember was that we had seen cacao pods in Guatemala near Coban, but that's okay, these pictures are fantastic. From my bookshelves, I have the following books on cacao:

Coe, Sophie D. America's first cuisines. University of Texas Press, 1994.

Coe, Sophie D. and Michael D. Coe. The true history of chocolate. 2nd edition. Thames and Hudson, 2007.

Diccionario enciclopedico de gastronomia mexicana. 6. burrito-calabacitas con queso. Clio, 200-?

Young, Allen M. The chocolate tree : a natural history of cacao. Rev. and expanded ed. University Press of Florida, 2007.

My apologies for not putting citations in the correct format, will update and correct later.



No comments:

Post a Comment